Trying to find the best castor oil for hair growth? Well, you need to read this article!
In recent years, castor oil has become increasingly popular as a health and beauty aid.
Castor oil is produced from the castor bean (otherwise known as the castor-oil-plant), in which the seeds of the plant produce the actual oil. It has a viscous, oily, liquid texture; and the color varies from colorless to a pale yellow.
This plant has a distinct taste and odor too!
High-quality castor oil is produced by cold pressing, as hot pressing and solvent extraction are used to produce a lower-quality oil. Cold pressing the oil helps the plant retain more of the vital micronutrients, which is very important to the overall benefits of castor oil.
This plant is incredibly useful and is one of the best products that you can use to have beautiful and healthy hair.
You can even use castor oil for eyebrow growth!
Along with this, there is also the option of using Jamaican black castor oil, a traditionally-made derivative of castor oil.
If you want to learn more about castor oil benefits and the best castor oil hair products, keep reading below!
Castor Oil for Hair Benefits
The most valuable properties of castor oil as a cosmetic product include:
- Skin Softening and Nourishing (Including Even Sensitive Skin-types)
- Skin “Whitening” (Which is Commonly Used to Prevent Pigment Spots and Freckles)
- Promotes a Smoother Overall Complexion with Regular Use
- Powerful and Consistent Anti-Aging Effects
- Rich in Valuable Antioxidants Which Help to Prevent Wrinkles from Forming
- Strengthening of the Eyelashes, Eyebrows, and Hair
- Removing Cracks and Visible Blemishes from Dry Skin, Minor Scars, and Skin “Growths”
- Assisting with the Removal of Corns
The main reason that castor oil is beneficial for your hair is that it is rich in fatty acids since castor oil is made up of:
- 85% Ricinoleic Acid (making it a valuable raw material)
- 2% Oleic Acid
- 1% Linoleic Acid
- .5% Linolenic Acid, Steric Acid, Palmitic Acid
Castor oil has long been used as a “folk” cosmetology product, because of its rich nutritional index.
Unlike other oils, castor oil absorbs deep into the skin, down to the hair roots. Due to this action, it helps to transport necessary nutrients directly into the roots!
Along with that, castor oil nourishes your hair roots and hair scalp on a deep level that other products cannot reach.
How to Use Castor Oil for Hair Growth
There are multiple ways you can use castor oil for hair growth, but one of the most popular is a castor oil hair mask
Here is how you can use a castor hair mask:
- First, spread the oil all over your hair scalp
- Next, put on a shower cap or plastic bag so it covers your whole head
- After that, cover it with a towel.
- Now- sit down and wait for 15 minutes
- Finally, wash off the castor oil “mask” and you are done!
Since castor oil has an incredibly viscous texture, make sure you wash your hair extra carefully, or you are at risk of having greasy hair once it has dried out.
This will not cause anything negative or bad, but your hair will probably not look clean.
For easier use, you can mix castor oil with grapeseed or coconut oil.
Doing so will make the texture less viscous and will neutralize some of castor oil’s “specific” smell.
For the best result, make sure you repeat this mask once per week for 6-8 weeks in a row!
If you do so, I am very confident you will be happy with your visible result!
Castor oil will help your dry and brittle hair return to life! Along with that, it may minimize the cross-section of hair tips.
Whether you are looking to grow long hair or you just want healthier hair, castor oil is a great product!
Can You Use Castor Oil and Coconut Oil Together for Hair Growth?
As I mentioned before, castor and coconut oil work perfectly together because coconut oil helps to make castor oil more liquid.
Along with this, coconut oil is great for your hair as well!
Coconut oil is one of the only other products which can rival the benefits of castor oil for your hair.
If you use castor oil and coconut together, you are getting an excellent combination!
As I said before as well, I also like grapeseed oil a lot!
Coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and castor oil is an awesome combination for your hair!
If you want to use these oils together simply mix them in the proportions of about 4:1 or 3:1 (where the “1” is castor oil).
Is Castor Oil Good for Eyebrow and Eyelash Growth?
I personally think that castor oil is the best natural care product for eyelash and eyebrows growth!
Yes, I said it.
Before you decide to use castor oil near your eyes, you should be sure to get a skin-allergy test for castor oil itself.
Just clear that up first, it doesn’t take long.
Now, back to how amazing this oil is!
Using castor oil for eyebrow growth or eyelash growth is smart because it reaches the roots and delivers necessary nutrients for healthy growth.
According to the “Handbook of Dermatology: A Practical Manual” castor oil has many uses, including cosmetology to increase eyebrow growth.
Simply use it 1-2 times per day, for visible results.
For an even better resulst, I suggest you mix castor oil with grapeseed and/or coconut oil.
However, that is just my personal opinion.
To me, the texture is much better this way!
How to Use Castor Oil for Eyebrow Growth Is:
- Clean your eyebrows and skin with your favorite facial wash, or gentle shampoo.
- Apply the castor oil to the eyebrows by using a clean, oil-soaked cotton swab. Repeat the same action with a new cotton swab, on the other brow as well.
- In the morning, carefully wash the oil off your eyebrows and eyes with (first) warm, and (after) cold water.
How to Use Castor Oil for Eyelash Growth Is:
This same procedure can be done for your eyelashes, just by using a clean mascara wand!
- Remove the wand from the old mascara container and clean it up. Make sure that the wand is fully clean and doesn’t have any makeup traces left.
- Thoroughly wash your face with your favorite facial wash.
- Soak the following wand in the obtained oil mixture and press the wand against the sides of the container to remove any excess oil.
- Apply the mixture to your eyelashes, the same way as you would use your mascara. It is very important to use just a tiny amount of oil and apply only a thin layer!
- In the morning, thoroughly wash your face with your favorite facial wash with (first) warm, and (after) cold water.
Be extra careful while applying the oil, and please avoid contact with your eyes!
In case of contact with your eyes, rinse the eyes with running water as soon as you can!
In case of serious inflammation, call a doctor!
What is the Best Castor Oil for Hair Growth?
If you are searching for superior quality castor oil, you need to buy cold-pressed castor oil. Cold-pressed castor oil retains many more nutrients and is simply better in quality.
The problem with the traditional heat-pressed oil is that it loses most of its nutrients, and honestly, there is no reason why you should buy it.
Personally, I recommend you to buy Home Health Castor Oil.
Home Health Castor Oil is an excellent brand and it is also affordable.
If you choose Home Health Castor Oil, you will have extra money left over for coconut oil or grapeseed oil too!
- No Castor Oil Works Better; Original Castor Oil from Home Health is a natural emollient oil that...
- Great For Hair; Castor Oil conditions hair leaving it soft and silky; It's also perfect for split...
- Great For DIY Personal Care; Use castor oil with wool flannel to create soothing castor oil packs...
- Cruelty-Free; Home Health products are never tested on animals, so you'll feel beautiful inside and...
- Purely Better; Home Health is a line of award-winning personal care formulas specially developed to...
If you choose to buy one other than what I recommended, make sure that there no other ingredients on the package.
Characteristics of high-quality castor oil include:
- Transparent mass with a yellow and brownish tinge
- Consistency is clearly viscous and thick, but not flowy
- You can clearly understand its specific smell
- It is easy to spread on the skin and hair
What is Jamaican Black Castor Oil?
Jamaican black castor oil is produced by roasting the seeds of the castor-oil-plant, which gives the castor oil a black color and even stronger smell!
Along with these physical characteristics, it also produces chemical changes in the oil itself.
Jamaican black castor oil stimulates the production of keratin, which promotes hair growth. However, it only partly explains the effectiveness of Jamaican black castor oil for your hair.
In fact, the exact mechanism of its action is unknown!
Research has been conducted to determine why it is so effective, but a singular “cause” has not been found yet. However, research has repeatedly indicated that Jamaican black castor oil is great for your hair!
Benefits of Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair
Regular use of Jamaican black castor oil will help you to:
- Effectively Moisturize Your Scalp and Hair
- Minimize and Prevent Hair Loss and Hair Damaging
- Help to Improve Your Hair Thickness and Shine
- Increase the Health of Your Hair Overall
Usually, people who use Jamaican black castor oil for a few months experience an increase in hair growth and hair thickness.
This product has been used for years as an effective treatment for many hair and scalp issues!
How to Use Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair Growth
Honestly, it is easy to use this Jamaican black castor oil for hair growth!
- Simply massage Jamaican black castor oil into your hair scalp and leave it for 15 minutes
- After the 15 minutes are up, carefully wash your hair with a soft shampoo
- Use this mask 2 times per week, and you will be able to see visible results within a few weeks!
One note- the thick concentration of this oil may have some people feeling an “itchy scalp”.
If you are one of these people or had a similar experience with other natural oils, simply mix the oil with your favorite shampoo.
This will dilute the concentration, but still provide you with all the benefits you are looking for!
Best Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Your Hair
Regardless of where you buy your Jamaican black castor oil, the first step is to make sure that Jamaican black castor oil is the only ingredient listed on the package.
I recommend you buy Tropical Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
The color of quality Jamaican black castor oil isn’t fully “black,” it’s just a little darker compared to regular castor oil.
Along with this, it has a little bit of a stronger smell.
As I said before, the consistency is viscous and thick, but not flowy.
- ALL PURPOSE OIL: Rich in Vitamin E, Omega Fatty Acids and Minerals, Tropic Isle Living Jamaican...
- SKIN CARE: Seals in moisture, helps diminish appearance of scar tissue and promotes healthy skin....
- HAIR STRENGTHENER, MOISTURIZER & SEALANT: Nourishes and replenishes the scalp's natural oils to...
- HOT OIL TREATMENT: Apply oil to scalp. Cover with plastic cap, sit under hair dryer for 30 minutes...
- DEEP CONDITIONER: Add seven capfuls of oil to Tropic Isle Living JBCO Conditioner, apply to scalp...
Concluding Thoughts – Castor Oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair
Both castor oil and Jamaican black castor oil will promote healthy hair growth and increase your hair’s health overall, and using these oils is one of the simplest beauty tips I can tell you!
But their benefits for your hair aren’t their only benefits at all!
There is a lot more to learn about both products, as they are valuable to our health in a variety of ways.
I hope you found my article helpful, and you found answers to all your questions.
If you didn’t, feel free to contact me at the contact form or at my social media, and I will do my best to answer you as soon as it’s possible!
See Also: Best Argan Oil for Hair